The student handbook is an important guide that provides students and families with school policies, expectations and procedures.
Student Homework Policy
- Students are assigned a minimum of three (3) homework assignments each week for completion.
- It is expected that students complete their homework by the assigned due date.
- Students will be expected to use their textbooks to guide them through their homework assignments.
- If a student is late for school, he/she is to report directly to the main office.
- If tardiness occurs during regularly scheduled classes and the students have been detained in the office, or by a teacher, a pass should be obtained from the person who detained him/her before going to the next class.
- Excessive tardiness may require a parent-pupil teacher conference.
Chronic truancy is when a student misses more than 9 consecutive days of school without valid cause (such as illness, family death, or other situations beyond control of the family household, and as deemed appropriate by the board and administration).Reference: P.A. 80-908, 1, eff. Oct. 1, 1977. Amended by P.A. 82-313, Paragraph 1-eff. Jan. 1, 1982.
Educational Learning Systems
PowerSchool serves as the Student Information System for School District #147. Here, you and your family can access your grades and attendance information.
Stride Skills Arcade
Stride Skills Arcade provides an engaging curriculum for students in grades Pre-K through 8th. The curriculum content of the software is specifically tailored and designed to meet the needs of learning standards.
Khan Academy offers a wide-variety of practice materials and exercises, instructional videos and a learning dashboard. The site seeks to empower learners to study at their own pace both inside and outside of the classroom.
PARCC Place - ISBE includes important information about the PARCC test that students are required to take in Illinois.
ISBE Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS)
MTSS is a framework that provides interventions for students in the areas of academic and behavior intervention. This guide by the Illinois State Board of Education provides further information on the MTSS framework and the overall goals of the intervention system.
Safe, Student Friendly Search Engines
Kiddle is a safe web browser that is centered around ensuring student safety and security, while browsing the internet. This online search engine is designed by the editors of the well-known, prominent, search engine Google and places strong emphasis on being “family friendly.”
Parent & Families Partnership
Parents and Families - Let's work together to form a partnership between home and school by:
- Getting to know your child’s principal and teacher.
- Conferring personally with a teacher or principal so that school and home can work together.
- Supporting the actions of the teacher or principal in talking with your child about a problem; confer privately with the teacher or principal if the action taken is questioned.
Volunteering and Parent Involvement
The school board and administration strongly encourage parents and families to get involved in their child's instructional program by volunteering or chaperoning for various school events! In order to volunteer with the district, ALL volunteers must undergo and successfully clear a criminal background check. For more information, contact your child's school office and ask to speak with the building administrator.